Juicing is a process that extracts water and nutrients from produce and discards the fiber. Without the fiber, the digestive system doesn’t have to work as hard to break down the food and absorb the nutrients. This makes the nutrients more readily available to the body in much larger quantities. The resulting juice becomes a highly concentrated source of micronutrients-vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals.
With juicing, you consume multiple servings of fruits and vegetables without even realizing it. Increasing fruit and vegetable intake as part of a whole food diet will help support your health on many different levels!
Read on to learn the top 10 benefits of drinking cold-pressed juices!
1. The heating process in cooking and processing foods eliminates micronutrients as it alters the chemical composition of vegetables. Juicing preserves heat-sensitive nutrients. When raw veggies are juiced, their nutritional value is maximized.
2. Juicing is an easy way to eat enough fruits and vegetables. Tired of the same old salad rut? Juicing is a tasty and convenient way to get in your fruits and veggies!
3. Juicing is a natural solution to the Standard American Diet which happens to be highly acidic . When you feed acid-forming substances to your cells such as sugar, white bread, alcohol, and coffee, your blood becomes acidic, and your body begins to suffer. To counteract the consequences of an acidic diet, we need to consume more alkaline-rich foods, such as vegetable juices.
4. As we mentioned, juicing is the quickest way to get nutrients into your body due to the separation of the fiber from the juice. Because the juice (which is high in vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients) is easy to absorb, it reaches to your cells rapidly to nourish and repair them.
5. Juicing is a great way to support healthy aging. When you drink fresh juices, your cells are better protected from disease and premature aging by a number of minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
6. When you're sick, juicing can be a lifesaver. In our meals, environments, and lifestyles, we're surrounded by stress, and juicing is one of the best methods to support a strong immune system and supply us with nutrients that can prevent sickness. Thousands of people have used juicing to reverse chronic ailments and issues, ranging from allergies to diseases.
7. No matter how healthy you are, juicing can give you that additional bounce in your stride. Even if you eat a perfectly healthy diet, in today's world where stress and pollution are unavoidable, juicing ensures that your cells and blood receive powerful nutrients to support proper nourishment and hydration.
8. Kids love juice too! To be healthy, we all need good nutrition, especially children, who develop at a breakneck pace.
9. The body is made up of roughly 100 trillion cells, so as your cells get clearer and healthier as a result of drinking fresh juices, you'll begin to look different as well. Some of the side effects include improved skin, a “glow,” healthier hair, weight loss, a better mood, and more energy!
10. Juicing vegetables helps you absorb more nutrients. Most of us lead busy lifestyles, and our diets are sub-optimal, which means that our digestion has been compromised, making it more difficult for our bodies to absorb nutrients from our meals. Because the juicer handles the hard work of separating the juice from the fiber, the body has a much simpler time absorbing the majority of the nutrients.
Did you know that Cold Pressed Juices are now available from Kitchen 'N Prep?
Choose from one of three delicious blends of our Frozen Cold-Pressed Juices:
GREEN SPIRIT: Celery, kale, fennel, spinach, cabbage, apple, and pineapple
POWERFUL HEALER: Carrot, orange, apple, lemon, ginger, and turmeric
BEET LEMONADE: Beet, orange, ginger, and lemon
Note: We will also be hosting Juice Workshop classes for adults and kids, connect with us on social media for upcoming events!